These are the prompts I'll be using to help me reflect back on this past year and I hope you find them helpful, too! Use one or use them all. Pre-kids I would've had a whole ritual and answered these questions all in one go on NYE. Post-kids - I'm smarter than that now haha. I'm less about the ritual and more about the intention - fitting it in when I can and knowing that that's enough (so that might be one question/night).
End of Year Journaling Prompts
- How did you begin the year compared to now?
- What did you set out to accomplish this year? Did you do it? Start it? If no, what is holding you back?
- What are you proud of this year?
- Is there anything you're holding onto from this year that you want to release?
- In what ways have you grown this year? What helped you get there?
- What did you discover about yourself?
- What challenges did you overcome (or are moving through)? What did they teach you or show you?
- What patterns keep showing up that are holding you back from fully living your life?
- What amazing things happened this year - big and small?
- What do you want more of in 2023? And less of?
Let me know what you think of these or if you have any questions. Now go grab your favorite beverage and journal and let's get started! : )