Happy New Year! I said it last year and I'll say it again - I love the start of a new year and the renewed energy that (can) come with it. While I believe that a "fresh start" can happen at anytime (you don't need to wait for a new year, a new week, etc), I do feel that there's a different energy to the new year that I love to use to my advantage for brainstorming, visioning, and intention setting.
That being said - it's winter in the northern hemisphere and still very much a time of hibernation, quiet, and rest. So - if you're not feeling that new year energy, I also think that's very normal, too! Hence why I'm writing this blog post almost 2 weeks into the new year ;)
So here, I'm sharing my intentions for 2023.
- Regular journaling (naturally!)
- Less doing for the sake of doing
- More reading (2022 my Goodreads reading challenge was 10 books - which I accomplished! This year, it's 12!
- Less texting, more talking (phone or in-person!)
- Creating and honoring boundaries
- Supporting small and local
- Focusing on feeling good from within
- Cold showers
- Less rush & comparing, more patience
- Focusing on small, consistent steps
- More date nights
- Deepening connection with myself and others
- Drowning out the noise
- Making dreams a reality
Do you have any intentions for 2023? I'd love to hear in the comments below!